Terms & Conditions
Terms and conditions apply to all bookings with ALS Cycling
1. Deposits Upon booking we require a deposit of 25 % this will secure you’re booking with the remaining balance due 8 weeks prior to arrival. This can be paid by either bank transfer or cheque. All cheques must be payable to ‘ALS Cycling’. Deposits must be received within 5 days of making the provisional booking. If your deposit is not received within time, we may offer the holiday dates to other interested guests. Once we receive your deposit and booking form we will send you confirmation of your holiday details deposit paid and balance due date. The guest who completes the booking form will be liable for all those persons to whom the booking form is applied.
3. Cycling ALS Cycling accepts your booking on the understanding that you recognise the hazards involved in an activity holiday. We cannot be responsible for injury sustained at any time howsoever caused. Every guest must consider the risks, make their own judgements, and act accordingly at all times. ALS cycling cannot be responsible for any inconvenience or discomfort caused by factors out of their control for example; flight delays, weather conditions, road works or closures.
4. Insurance All Guests accommodated with ALS Cycling must be covered by suitable sports travel insurance including medical cover. It is the responsibility of every guest to ensure that their insurance policy covers all elements of their holiday. ALS Cycling will not take responsibility for any guests whose insurance policies do not provide sufficient cover for their requirements. Guests may be required or asked to show their insurance documents on arrival in Guests without proof of sufficient cover will be obliged to find a suitable insurance policy immediately. ALS Cycling will not be held responsible for any incident that occurs whilst a guest has insufficient insurance cover.
5. Cancellations and Changes Our Obligation; If in the unlikely event that ALS Cycling has to make a cancellation or change to your holiday then ALS cycling will notify you as soon as possible and offer you one of the following, as applicable:
To accept the new holiday arrangements.
To accept an alternative holiday accommodation type or date, at no extra cost.
To cancel your holiday and receive a full refund in respect of your holiday cost with ALS Cycling.
ALS Cycling will not be liable to refund you for any incidental expenses that you may have incurred as a result of the booking.
If you are obliged to cancel your holiday booking you must inform ALS Cycling in writing immediately. You will incur costs on the following scale:
Over 7 weeks prior to departure: Loss of deposit.
7 - 5 weeks prior to departure: Loss of 60% of holiday cost.
5 – 3 weeks prior to departure: Loss of 80% of holiday cost.
Under 3 weeks prior to departure: Loss of 100% of holiday cost.
6. Behaviour, conduct and damages ALS Cycling expects all guests to conduct themselves in an orderly and acceptable manner and to have consideration for their fellow guests. ALS Cycling reserves the right to refuse to further accommodate any guest guilty of behaviour that we deem to seriously impair the enjoyment of other guests or which threatens the condition of the villa. The guilty party will be liable for the cost of any damage caused. Full payment for any such damage must be made at the time to ALS Cycling at a rate of cost determined by ALS Cycling, or any third party involved. If payment is not made then the guilty party must indemnify us against any claims (including legal costs) subsequently made against us as a result of their actions.
7. Responsibility It is the responsibility of ALS Cycling to ensure that every element of your holiday or break with us is provided to a reasonable standard as described in our literature. ALS Cycling shall not be liable for damages as a result of:
Any event or circumstances which that person could have predicted or avoided if they had taken all necessary due care.
Any event or circumstances that ALS Cycling and its employees or suppliers, could not have foreseen or forestalled even with all due care and attention.
Unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond the control of ALS Cycling, such as strikes, wars, civil or political unrest, quarantine restrictions, government action, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, etc.
Injury, illness or death due to any activity, including cycling, at any time during your holiday.
Loss, theft or damage to belongings, including bikes, at any time during your holiday, during your stay we will make every effort to keep you and your property safe.
ALS Cycling terms and conditions do not seek to exclude liability for illness, injury or death caused by our negligence. Where we are found to be liable under English Law, damages may be paid only if the following conditions are met:
You must inform us of the incident while you are in resort. Details of your claim must be submitted in writing to our contact email address within 28 days of returning from your holiday. In cases of illness, injury or death, a doctors letter is required.
Any rights that you have against any third party, if involved, must be transferred to ALS Cycling. Should ALS Cycling or our insurers enforce these rights, you must agree to fully cooperate with us or our insurers.
8. Transfers ALS Cycling do not provide transport for guests to the villa in Spain. Where an airport transfer has been booked by you, we are not responsible for delayed transfers due to factors outside of our control, for example traffic, other guests, vehicle or equipment failure and resultant missed flights. We recommend that all guests ensure that their travel insurance policies cover for missed flights and any other incidental costs resulting from delayed transfers.
9. Complaints ALS Cycling has a procedure in place in order to resolve any problems or complaints as soon as possible we try to settle issues at the lowest level possible. Any complaints should be made clear to the management staff as soon as they arise, giving the details in writing. You must allow at least 18 hours for staff to investigate the matter and to take action in light of your complaint. If the amendments are not satisfactory then your complaint must be followed up by a written detail no later than 14 days following the end of your holiday.
10. Passports/ Visas It is the responsibility of all guests to be in possession of a valid passport and/or visa and any other necessary papers. ALS Cycling will not take responsibility for any guests who are refused entry to their country of destination, nor for incidental costs incurred.
11. Information Any information or advice provided by ALS Cycling on matters such as weather conditions, road conditions, clothing and equipment, is given in good faith but without responsibility on the part of ALS Cycling.
12. Website, literature and photographs To the best of the knowledge of ALS Cycling, all website information is correct at the time of writing. All information cannot be guaranteed due to changes which may occur at any time outside the control of ALS Cycling. Photographs, likenesses or images of guests secured or taken as part of your holiday may be used by ALS Cycling without remuneration in all media or bona-fide promotional and marketing purposes.
13. Smoking Policy ALS Cycling operates a strict no smoking policy inside the apartments, villa/house and certain outdoor eating and relaxation areas. Smokers are welcome, but we request that they smoke at the designated area and dispose of their ash and used cigarettes sensibly.
14. Bike Rental All rental bikes will be checked over prior to your hire and set up to fit you, using the dimensions you provide. It is your responsibility to ensure this set up is acceptable before commencing riding. Mountain roads can place extra demands on the bike, in particular on the brakes and brake blocks. It is your responsibility to ensure that the bike is in good order throughout the hire period. If the bike needs repairs please notify one of our team.
Road Rental bikes are only to be used on the public highway. You will be responsible for any damage to the bike, whilst in your care. In the case of loss through theft you must report the incident to the police within 24 hours and obtain a formal report. You will be liable for the full replacement cost of the bike concerned on an as new basis.